Piping Installation or Erection refers to the laying of the piping system and its related accessories to make it ready for fluid transfer. Proper piping installation following codes and standards are key to safety and good operation. It is the next step to piping fabrication where pipe spools are made in the fabrication shop by cutting the pipes as per the accurate lengths and requirements. These prefabricated pipe spools are taken to the site or plant for assembly. This assembling of piping spools in the site following isometric or piping general arrangement drawings is referred to as piping erection. The piping coordinates are matched with the drawings while the piping installation.
Inputs Required for Piping Installation
- Fabrication & erection of heavy steel structures for station building, coal bunker, switchyard etc. of power plants.
- Fabrication & erection of pipe racks & other Auxiliary structures for petrochemical, refineries & chemical, Refineries & Chemical plants.
- Fabrication, Erection & Launching of steel.
- Design, supply & installation of piping systems for power plants.
- Design, supply & installation of piping systems for refineries, Petrochemical & chemical plants.
- Fabrication & erection of cross- country piping systems.
- Fabrication & erection of special piping systems like:
- Low Temperature carbon steel piping(L.T.C.S., cryogenic piping)
- Alloy steel piping.
- Stainless steel piping.
- Indian boiler regulation piping(I.B.R.)
- Steam Tracing.
- Under Ground Unit Piping.
- N.A.C.E. Piping
- Dow Piping.
- Erection, Commissioning & revising of Static Equipments.
- Erection, Commissioning & Re-visioning of Rotary Equipments.
- Erection & Commissioning of Misc. Mechanical Equipment like turbo generators, condensers, compressors, heat exchangers, & pumps etc.
- Erection, testing & commissioning of heavy furnaces.